Friday, April 11, 2008

Returning to work...

I returned to work part-time on March 31st. It was definitely a very hard day. I left Owen snuggling in bed with Sean at 6:30am (nice and sleepy after a 5:30am feeding) to catch the bus to Aurora. Walking to the bus stop, I called my mom for moral support.

Another co-worker was also returning from maternity leave that day (her son was born on 12/31 - just 7 hours before Owen). To celebrate, our colleagues brought breakfast. Lots had changed in 3 months - a new mailbox set-up, new office staff, and the best surprise of all... TONS of pictures of Owen hanging up on the door of my office (thanks to my officemate Melissa for that!!)

Sean took Owen to his first day of daycare at Tinyminders so I'll let him post about that experience. Needless to say, it took a lot of strength for me to only call them once that day to see how he was doing (he was sleeping). He's typical week is:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: Tinyminders
Wednesday: Home with Nan
Friday - Sunday: Home with mom and dad
(I'm also home on Tuesdays this month for some "self-care" time)

Work itself was actually good (and BUSY!). It was nice to have some conversations about things other than poop color and, although my brain isn't working at 100%, it was nice to have something to focus on other than all the things that could possibly go wrong with Owen (such as why he isn't sleeping so well - but that's a different post).

AND... the best part of the day was returning home. Owen and Sean picked me up at the bus stop and Owen had a BIG smile for me. It was the greatest feeling in the world!

-Marisa

1 comment:

Kellie H said...

congrats on returning to work. I love that your office-mate had a ton of pictures for you. VERY cute. I don't envy you having to start back but I am glad that it is going well and you are staying busy. Can't wait to see you in 3 days!