Thursday, April 3, 2008

Owen talking

Owen has started babbling for minutes at a time. Here is a movie from yesterday:




Here is another one from a few minutes later, taken in the bath. First he babbles about his day, then he goes crazy for a flying fish that is squirting at him.




Can't wait until he actually has things to say in real english (french or spanish would be okay too). I actually had a crazy dream last night -- I was walking around the campus of the University of Geneva with a couple of astronomers and carrying Owen. At one point, Owen turned to me and said "MacGyver controls all my planets".

Here is a visual interpretation:



I really hope that those are not Owen's first words, because where do you go from there? First of all, why does Owen own planets in the first place, and how did he get them? I wouldn't mind having a few of those. Second, what is MacGyver doing taking over my kid's planets? This will not stand! I'm not going to let some imaginary 80s tv star take charge of planets belonging to anyone in my immediate family, at least not without a fight! (But who wants to fight MacGvyer? He can make bombs out of fish sticks!)

I assume this popped in my head because 1) Owen is my kid, so he has been featuring frequently in my dreams, 2) I study planets, and 3) Marisa and I have started watching old MacGyver episodes on the internet.

Well, this post sure got a little rambly. I guess I'm having trouble controlling my random babbling, just like someone else I know....



Sean

2 comments:

Yolande said...

I absolutely loved hearing Owen's babbles and reading yours, Sean, as well as seeing my daughter look so happy in the company of her two men... Fortunately I prefer soccer to baseball, so we won't fight about those nasty comments re. the Yankees!
With big kisses from New York (smile)

Kellie H said...

love it. used to be my favorite show. owen kind of looks like him in the picture too....
maybe he'll start saying hi before I am there in a few weeks!