Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vandalism!

I had never stumbled across wet cement, ripe for the picking, in my life .... until last week when I was walking with Owen to the playground. How could anyone resist? Well, I couldn't. Despite the orange cones hanging yellow "stay out" tape around the cement, I got in there and wrote boyo's name in big letters with a stick:



Then we went to the playground, swang on the swings and slid down the slides, and saw a couple of construction guys pouring more cement. Luckily, there were not onto us. But, it seems that they noticed our little act of vandalism and tried to sandblast it away. Unfortunately for them all that did was to make the OWEN in the ground stand out more! (as Owen's shadow noticed a few days later:)




As anyone who knows me knows, I am not one to go against the grain and commit random acts of vandalism! (And as anyone who really knows me knows, that last sentence is a load of crap). But I am super pleased with myself for carving boyo's name in the ground in a place that we hang out a lot and in a way that should stick around for a few years at least. Take that, mr man!

over & out
Sean

No comments: