Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lots of new stuff!

Hi everyone

We have become quite bad at updating the blog! Right now Marisa and Owen are both taking a nap, so here are a few cute things from recent times...

Owen was sick when my dad and I tore down and then rebuilt the fence (May 16). Marisa took care of him -- she let him chill on the couch and then watch us at the window, with food by his side at all times:




We have also started taking boyo to the pool quite often and he loves going on the big big waterslide!



We haven't been hiking with boyo that much because it's a little tricky to pull off, but we did a month or so ago, and he was even pretty happy in the backpack! It was really muddy and we didn't go that far but it was a fun time (may 24).



Owen was pretty cheery and he looked pretty cool with the Eldo/Bear Mountain backdrop.



One last story for this post: I decided the day beforehand (the day before Memorial day, that is) to run in the Bolder Boulder, a 10 K road race that is run by about 50,000 people every year. I caught a bus to the starting line thinking I would be get there about 20-30 minutes before my wave, but there was humongous slowdown and I got there right as my wave was pulling away. So, no stretching for me! Still, it was a fun time and I think it may have been the longest I've ever run (on purpose, anyway). Marisa and Owen took the bus down to meet me after the finish line, along with Ken and Megan, who are really fast and finished before I even started.



They gave us all a free can of low-calorie beer -- a nice thought. Later that day we hit the Rockies game with Craig -- they got blown out by the Dodgers but it was still a fun time. At one point Owen wanted me to read him some books as he couldn't really follow the game. But when the Rockies started coming back he broke out the rally cap and got really excited!






All right, Owen and Marisa are both awake so I'd better go!

meow!
Sean

ps - There were humongous ground sloths and beavers as big as black bears in North America up until about 10,000 years ago! I would love to see some of those.

No comments: