Tuesday, February 2, 2010

whoa!

Lately, as well as when he was little, I've been singing one of my favorite songs to boyo before he sleeps -- hard rain's gonna fall by Bob Dylan. This morning, out of nowhere, Owen quoted that song for the first time by randomly saying "died in the gutter!" a bunch of times. I like the song because it has lots of interesting imagery in it, and when I sing it I censor out some of the gorier pieces -- for example, I change the young woman whose body was burning to the young woman whose body was purple. But, I left in the part about the poet who died in the gutter and that seems to be the part that stuck! Oopsah!

Pretty funny, and only a little disturbing..... The frenchies won't understand what he's talking about so we're good.

over & out
Sean

No comments: