Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My first Father's Day

It was more than a week ago now -- Father's day!





It was a really fun time. First, the three of us drove up toward Boulder Falls but Owen was asleep so we continued up and walked around in the woods by a ski resort called Eldora.



Next we hit Boulder Falls on the way down to Boulder. Owen got to play in the water until he was superpooped! I also practiced imitating him. It's pretty easy for me to look confused -- I spend about half of every day doing that anyway. Notice the wetness on his outfit -- unfortunately that is not from the stream.



Then, Nan and Pip came over for some dinner and playing around. My dad and I had some big german beers -- we let Owen smell but no beer until he is at least 5 years old!




It was a really fun day. At the end, we were all tired. You can tell because we were all sucking our thumbs.



Being a dad is great fun so far, and it makes me feel so warm every time Owen has a big smile for me. That's all the deep insights I have for today.

over & out
Sean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sean !! It sure is fun being a dad !! But just wait 'til he asks you for the keys to your car....

Continued success with fatherhood !! It gets even better !!!!!

All the best,
GS